Confidentiality - ensuring that information is accessible only to those authorized to have
To compliment OHSAS 18001, BSI published OHSAS 18002, which explains the requirements of the specification and shows you how to work towards implementation and registration.
Together, this integrated package will provide your business with the practical means of registration: -
- Identify elements of your business that impact on health and safety and gain access to the relevant legislation
- Produce objectives for improvement and a management program to achieve them, with regular reviews for continual improvement
- BSI Management Systems will periodically assess the system and, if compliant, register your company or site to OHSAS 18001
What is an Occupational Health and Safety Management System?
An Occupational Health and Safety Management System provides a framework for managing OHS responsibilities so they become more efficient and more integrated into overall business operations.
OHS Management systems are based on standards, which specify a process of achieving continuously improved OHS performance and complying with legislation. BSI Management Systems offers registration to the internationally recognised assessment specification OHSAS 18001 (which was based on the original British Standard BS 8800).
Registration can: -
- Reduce risk
- Give competitive advantages
- Help companies stay in compliance with legal requirements
- Improve overall performance
How consultation services work
Boise State University assists private sector employers, especially those in smaller businesses, to reach their goal of achieving a healthful and safe workplace for their employees. Experienced professional safety and industrial hygiene consultants will assess your safety and health program, identify safety and health hazards in your business and industry, and supply recommendations to reduce or eliminate hazards.
Our goal is to help your business meet current OSHA job safety and health regulations through development of an ongoing, effective safety and health program. We provide you with confidential, comprehensive written reports containing our findings and recommendations.
Who can use the Program?
You may access consultation services if your business: -
- operates within the state of Idaho
- employs less than 250 employees at a single site
- employs fewer than 500 people nationally
- does not currently have an open OSHA compliance issue
What We Do
The consultation program provides technical assistance and training to your business as you work towards correcting identified hazards. Also, our extensive library of safety training videos and printed materials is available to small businesses to support their safety and health efforts.
The employer’s obligation is to correct all serious hazards identified by the consultant within a reasonable period. This commitment is made in advance.
As an additional benefit of working with us, OSHA staff will not make scheduled inspection visits during the time your business is working with the consultation program.